Tuesday, May 27, 2014

W.I.P. Wednesday ~ Farmer's Wife edition

I took a brief break from working on my Farmer's Wife blocks in order to complete some bee blocks and other small projects, but I'm right back into it now.  64 blocks down - I make them in batches of 4 blocks so that is how I have been photographing them.  You can click on the collage for a larger view.  I'm more than happy with how they are coming together, and am now well past the half way point!  Woohoo!


In other news, I have re-opened my Etsy shop, Winding Bobbins.  I currently have a few Family Passport Wallets in there (made using Amber's pattern) as well as a baby quilt, and I hope to add a few more items yet this week.  Fingers crossed that I'll see some sales!

Have a good week everyone!

Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced

15 comments:

Susan said...

I know this is a mosaic of your blocks but I also think it would make a great layout! Gorgeous! (It has also given me an idea for something I am working on!)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

They really do look amazing and I agree with Susan that layout would look great!

Annabella said...

I agree with Lucy and Susan too! Did you handsew your Farmer's Wives? I have the book but haven't made any. You are inspiring me!

Annabella said...

BTW, they look a-mazing!!

nicole said...

They look awesome all together!
And i'm with the rest of the gals in regards to the layout, your farm would look amazing in this layout!

Debbie said...

You are doing so good sticking with your blocks! Great to see them all together!

Carla said...

WOWSERS ! You will go down in history as the quilter who made the farmers wife quilt the fastest! It's gorgeous so far. I look at my 28 blocks every now and then.....

viridian said...

Wow, these look great! And the grouping of 4 blocks could be an interesting arrangement for a final top.

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

So much Denyse Schmidt loveliness all in one place -- I'm blown away!

Unknown said...

I just got the book and choosing blocks is so hard. I love yours, how many will you be making total?

mle said...

Wow, great progress on your FWS blocks!

Kleep said...

Seeing these reminds me why I love quilts so much. They're just so beautiful and can be so different and unique.
I also echo another comment, that would be a cool layout, if not for these then some other quilt :-). Great job and good luck with the etsy shop!

My Strong Sisters said...

Love the blocks!

DeborahGun said...

this is going to be so amazing!

Kelli said...

So, so pretty! Yo uare oging to have one stellar quilt when you're finished with these beauties!